Basic Understanding of Accounting Principles: Familiarity with foundational accounting concepts and terminologies will be beneficial as we’ll be building upon these principles.
Motivated Learner: More than any technical skill, what’s truly needed is a keen interest in learning more about corporate accounting, bonds payable, and notes payable.
Welcome to this course, where we delve deep into the intricacies of corporate financial obligations. This comprehensive course introduces you to the world of bonds and notes payable from a corporate perspective, providing you with a clear understanding of the recording and issuance of such liabilities.
We kick-start our journey by exploring how to record the issuance of bonds, whether they’re issued at par value, a discount, or a premium. Discover how present value calculations, often a challenging area for many learners, can be mastered through multiple methods. We’ll guide you through calculations using formulas and algebra, present value tables, and the convenient functionalities of Microsoft Excel.
Our in-depth coverage continues as we explore how to calculate the issue price of bonds and understand why it often differs from the par or face value. We’ll also examine the journal entries related to the retirement of a bond, both at its maturity and before.
Next, we’ll delve into the concept of notes payable, including how to record journal entries for installment notes and construct relevant amortization tables. These tools will provide you with a robust understanding of what interest is, how it is calculated, and why it matters.
This course is designed not just to teach, but also to simplify. We’ll show you how to use adjusting entries in an accounting system to streamline data entry and demonstrate how to create the liability section of the balance sheet, distinguishing between current and long-term portions.
Our exploration of the world of bonds will reveal various types of bonds and their characteristics. We’ll demonstrate different methods for amortizing discounts and premiums, considering the pros and cons of each approach. The course also distinguishes between capital leases and operating leases, clarifying when a lease must be recorded as a capital lease.
The course is interspersed with practical tools including PDF files, Excel practice files, multiple-choice practice questions, short calculation practice questions, and thought-provoking discussion questions. These resources facilitate an interactive learning environment, allowing you to apply your new knowledge, improve test-taking skills, and engage in meaningful dialogues with fellow students.
You’ll be learning from a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), Master of Science in Taxation, Certified Post-Secondary Instructor (CPS), and a curriculum development expert. With a rich history in both academia and professional practice, your instructor brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this course.
Whether you’re an aspiring CPA, an accounting student, a business owner, or simply a curious mind, this course aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to confidently navigate the complexities of corporate liabilities. So, join us on this insightful journey and take a step closer to mastering corporate accounting!
Who this course is for:
- Accounting Students: Those pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in accounting will find this course incredibly useful. It will help solidify classroom learnings and provide practical examples to contextualize theoretical concepts.
- Aspiring Accountants: If you are preparing for an accounting certification or planning to transition into an accounting role, this course will provide comprehensive coverage of essential topics.
- Current Accounting Professionals: For those already in accounting roles seeking to expand their knowledge base, especially in bonds and liabilities, this course serves as an excellent resource. It can help enhance career progression opportunities and better equip professionals to deal with more complex accounting tasks.
- Financial Analysts and Consultants: Professionals dealing with financial analysis and consultancy can gain deeper insights into bonds payable, notes payable, and corporate liabilities, which can greatly assist in making more accurate financial assessments and recommendations.
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners: If you’re running your own business and want to gain a deeper understanding of the financial aspects, especially related to corporate liabilities, this course can provide valuable insights.
#AccountingBonds #Payable #Notes #Payable #Liabilities #Get this Deal
Get this Deal
تخفيضات,كوبونات,كوبون,عروض,كوبون كل يوم
Get this Deal,Get this Deal